Huge Wide-Open LOFT with South Light
The gray wood floors, with the painted white ceiling beams and white brick walls give it a unique look and feel. It is 95' from the front south facing windows in the front to the windows in the back. You can easily do 2 sets at either end. There is a 10'x20' freight elevator that opens up directly into the loft.
This studio can be rented with our:
- GORGEOUS ROOFTOP SPACE for an additional cost.
We have a total of FOUR LOFT SPACES on different floors, these additional studios can also be rented for shoots:
- Beautiful Shabby Chic South Light Loft 2300 sq ft
- Wide Plank Oak Floor LOFT 2300 sqft with Lots of Light
- Upscale Tin Roof Daylight LOFT 2300 sqft Studio
- 2300 sq ft Hells Kitchen South Light Loft
We have added the capability to stream up to 4 cameras to Zoom so that clients can see and interact with crews that are on set so that clients and creatives can be logging in to see the shoot on Zoom from anywhere in the world.
About our studio
In an effort to protect our employees, talent and crew from the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we have established—and continue to monitor and update—new policies and practices that provide a safe working environment for all of our productions.
LOFT 2 is the most open of our 2300 sq. ft. full floor lofts and is designed for Film and Photography. 11' ceilings. The gray wood floors, with the painted white ceiling beams and white brick walls give it a unique look and feel. It is 95' from the front south facing windows in the front to the windows in the back. You can easily do 2 sets at either end.
The beautiful building that the loft is in was built in 1910. It was originally a carriage house for horses. The building's enormous 10'x20' freight elevator used to take the horses up and down through the floors. The 10' elevator doors open up directly into the loft.
The loft is located on the edge of Hudson Yards and Hell's Kitchen. It is easily accessible to public transportation with the 7 train and the 8th Ave 34th st station are each only .2 miles away...about a 6-8 minute walk. There are parking garages all around the building, so parking is always easy to find.
Unlike many other studios, the bulk of your equipment and grip needs are included in the studio rental price. For a nominal fee, you'll have access to a huge array of lights, modifiers, and grip. The goal is for you to just bring your camera, focus on your creative, and not have to deal with lugging hundreds of pounds of gear around. There is also a 10' x 20' Freight Elevator for all of your crew and clients to use. As some have said, it's the size of a small Manhattan apartment. :)
We are open to collaborating on production budgets and your needs for one or multiple shoot spaces, especially in the new normal of Coronavirus and Safety Protocols.
- Normal Shoot Hours: We offer time slots of 4 hours up to 12 hours/day.
If you are looking for under 4 hours, we can work on a short notice basis or a flexible studio basis (may have to move you within the studios if a 1/2 day or full day booking happens on the day you are looking to book, but you’ll have a studio).Read more
- 10 ft
- Door width
- 4 ft
- Door height
- 10 ft
- Weight limit
- 1250 lbs
- Opening hours
Notes: Elevator may operate earlier, but it needs to be arranged.
- One Room
- Natural Light
- Still Life
- Sound Stage
- White Floors
- White Walls
- Exposed Brick
- Shooting Kitchen
- Shooting Bathroom
- Overhead Shooting
- Wood Floors
- Outdoor access
- Garden access
- Black out shades
- Vehicle access
- Cityscape/Skyline views
Shooting Bathroom description:
You could do a one camera shoot here. It's not very large, but big enough for a small scene by either the vanity or shower.
- Basic Studio Equipment
- On-Site Rental Equipment
- On-site Support Staff
- Digital Tech On-Site
- Air Conditioning
- Computers available
- Sound System
- Pet Friendly
On-Site Rental Equipment description:
- 27" Retina 5K iMac 4Ghz Quadcore Digital Workstation with Capture One Pro 10.x
- 2 PROFOTO 7A 2400 Packs
- 2 PROFOTO D4 2400 Pack
- 6 Profoto Pro 7/D4 Heads with 8" Reflectors
PROFOTO Modifiers included with Equipment Package:
- 1 5' Chimera Octagon Softbox w/silver lining (VIDEO + STROBE)
- 1 53" Elinchrom Octobank with Profoto Mount
- 1 39" Elinchrom Octobank with Profoto Mount
- 2 Chimera Medium Strip Softbox with Grids
- 1 Chimera Medium Strip Softbox with no Grid
- 1 Beauty Dish - Silver (Profoto Mount)
- 1 Beauty Dish - White (Profoto Mount)
- 1 Beauty Dish Grid and Sock
- 1 Elinchrom Snoot
- 42 65" Impact Deep White Umbrella
- 2 51" Impact Silver Umbrellas
- 4 45" umbrellas
- 1 30" umbrellas
- 1 6' x 4' Large Chimera Softbox
- 4 Small Softboxes
- 1 Profoto 22" Silver Beauty Dish with diffuser and grid
- 1 Profoto 22" White Beauty Dish with diffuser and grid
- 2 P-50(Magnum) reflectors with Grids
- 8 C-Stands with arms
- 6 Medium Rollers
- 1 Manfrotto Tripod
- 1 - 8' FOBA Studio Stand (nice if you're looking to do still life shooting down)
- 5 Kit Stands
- 20 A-Clamps
- 10 Superclamps
- 6 black/white "V-flats"
- 1 4'x8' White Plexi
- Pair of Sawhorses.
- 1 4'x4' White Plexi
- 1 6'x6' Silk w/frame
- 1 8'x8' Silk w/frame
- 1 - 24"x36" Flag
- 15 Sandbags
- Misc White/Silver Bounce Cards
- 12' White Roll Paper - 1 sweep per rental. additional sweeps are $20/sweep
- 12' Gray Roll Paper - 1 sweep per rental. additional sweeps are $20/sweep
- 12' Black Roll Paper - 1 sweep per rental. additional sweeps are $20/sweep
- Misc 9' Roll Paper...ask James for specific colors that are on site currently
CANON 1DX MARK II w/ 4 batteries (4K 30/60 fps w/focus tracking).$165/Day
CANON 5DSR - Includes f/2.8 24-70mm Lens, f/4 100mm Lens, f/1.2 50mm Lens, 16-35mm lens.$165/day
- Makeup/Hair Room
- VIP Room
- Single Phase
- Max crew size
- Ceiling height
- 11 ft